- I will pray for my pilgrim: After completing the form to attend the Walk; while they are on the Walk; and when they return for the weekend. Please sign up on the 72 hour prayer vigil by going to http://bw2e.inetmember.com/Default_CMS.aspx then choose a Walk and Time that is still available.
- I will tell my pilgrim about the weekend. Don’t be secretive. Don’t even use the word “secret.” Tell them all they need or want to know. Be open about the talks, table discussions, singing, prayer services, etc.
- I will tell my pilgrim what they will and won’t need for the weekend.
Needs include comfortable clothing, layered clothing, bath towels, toiletries, medication pillow, sleeping bag or bedding, and air mattress or foam pad. (Cots provided, twin size air mattresses will fit cot) What NOT to bring: radios, clocks, cell phones, electronic devices such as E-Readers, Ipads, Ipods, or Kindles
- I will help my pilgrim with special needs that may affect them while they are on the weekend such as: childcare, house sitting, car pools, meals etc. If I cannot take care of these things, I will find someone who can.
- I will bring my pilgrim to the Walk site on Thursday between 7:00pm and 7:30pm
- I will attend Sponsor’s Service – (Thursday 7:30-8:00pm)
- I will write and collect agape letters. Write a personal agape letter to your pilgrim and get letters from the Pilgrim’s spouse, children, relatives and close friends. I will bring the letters on Thursday evening. (No personal gifts. If you feel so inclined, these can be given after the Walk.)
- I will attend Candlelight. (Arrive Saturday by 5:45pm)
- I will attend Rise and Shine. (Arrive Sunday by 5:45am)
- I will attend Closing. (Arrive Sunday by 3:30pm)
- I will make contact with my pilgrim the next day and several times thereafter.
- I will escort my pilgrim to the Potluck after the weekend. Potluck is at FUMC on Saturday, January 30th, 2016 at 5:00pm.
- I will escort my pilgrim to the next Gathering.
- I will persevere in helping my Pilgrim to join or start a REUNION GROUP.
Your role as a sponsor is extremely important. If you are unable to fulfill any of these obligations, it is your responsibility to arrange for someone the pilgrims knows to represent you in each of these areas.
Remember, “Christ is counting on you”
We ask Sponsors to complete the form below. Hand completed forms make it difficult for the the registrar to have complete and correct information due to legibility of handwriting. Attached here is a printable PDF of the Sponsor Form if necessary.